Beyond that, I currently work with the Christian Standard Bible and as an editor for Holman Bible Publishers. I am also Editorial Director for the Center for Baptist Renewal, teach theology at California Baptist University, and co-host the Word Matters podcast. On top of all that, I write stuff here and there.
I am currently working toward a PhD in Theology & New Testament at Ridley College (Melbourne) under the supervision of Michael Bird and Scott Harrower. My dissertation is centered on a Trinitarian reading of the Book of Revelation. My research and teaching interests include the Trinity, Christology, the Book of Revelation, NT theology, biblical theology, hermeneutics, early Christianity (especially AD 100-500), and apocalyptic literature.
You can check out the Archives to see some stuff I’ve written here, but below is a snapshot of some of my faves.
- Did New Testament Writers Understand the Trinity?
- Jesus Wasn’t Afraid of His Old Testament
- Eternal Generation and the Questions It Generates
- Some Unoriginal Thoughts on the Historical Adam
- Theology, Church History, and Guarding the Good Deposit
- What the Trinity Debate Can Teach Seminarians
- ETS, Heresy, and the Task of Christian Scholarship
- Farewell, Social Media