We are wrapping up 2014 with our picks for December. Enjoy!
- We loved this juz’ Amma chart for encouraging kids to meet the goal of memorizing the smallest chapters of the Quran.
- This beautiful photo essay broadened our view of maternity leave around the world.
- These are super awesome ways to infuse mathematics education in natural and organic ways!
- Our siblings occupy a special place in this world. They share half our genes, and this article makes the argument that they maybe the secret to a happy life. Let’s rekindle those relationships this upcoming year, inshAllah.
- This is a great blog post about ending the struggle with your kids over limits on screen time.
- One veteran mom shares: “In our homeschooling ‘morning meeting’ and sometimes before bed, we are doing a word problem from Bedtime Math. It’s a great resource with questions for every age group, lots of fun, and laughs. My kids are now asking for it everyday.” Check it out here!
- Ferguson, and other recent events have important lessons for our kids. The Zinn education project is a great resource for teaching historical and current events to your middle and high schoolers.
- This piece gives a good breakdown of roadblocks that trip us up on the way to raising bilingual children in America.
- Who’s cooking your food? This video is sure to boost your motivation to get over the drudge and get back in the kitchen to use home-cooking as a way to improve your family’s life.