From the new CNN/ORC poll — reformatted:
- Women break for Clinton (53% to 38%) while men shift Trump’s way (54% to 32%).
- Among women, those who are unmarried make up the core of her support, 73% of unmarried women back Clinton compared with just 36% of married women.
- Among men, no such marriage gap emerges, as both unmarried and married men favor Trump.
- Younger voters are in Clinton’s corner (54% to 29% among those under age 45) while the older ones are more apt to back Trump (54% to 39% among those age 45 or older).
- Whites mostly support Trump (55% to 34%), while non-whites favor Clinton by a nearly 4-to-1 margin (71% to 18%).
- Most college grads back Clinton while those without degrees mostly support Trump, and that divide deepens among white voters.
- Whites who do not hold college degrees support Trump by an almost 3-to-1 margin (68% to 24%) while whites who do have college degrees split 49% for Clinton to 36% for Trump and 11% for Johnson.
Trump: White males, married or unmarried males, older, non-college educated.
Clinton: Non-white, females and esp unmarried females, younger, college educated.