U.S. government authorities and the media are talking about these Muslim terrorists being “radicalized.” But they rarely explain how they are being radicalized other than perhaps to say that some imams at mosques are doing the radicalizing in their teaching. But hardly any of these government authorities and news outlets tell us what these Muslim clerics are teaching these terrorists and if it has anything to do with the Qur’an, the sacred text of Islam. It appears that they do not read the Qur’an. With all of these Muslim terrorists blowing up themselves and others around the world, I think it is incumbent on us non-Muslims to read the Qur’an since that is the main source of inspiration for these terrorists.
As I stated in my last post, Islam is a monotheistic religion that is supposed to be based completely on the Qur’an that came from Muhammed, the sole founder of Islam. About the only thing you hear is that some imams radicalize these Muslim young men by claiming that if they are martyrs in expansive, militant jihad their conscious souls will immediately go to heaven to be immediately rewarded. Some also all they will be given 72 beautiful virgins or some such poppycock. BTW, how does a soul experience sex without a body?
As I said in my last post, the Qur’an has some very disturbing verses that command Muslims to exercise violence against others for merely being non-Muslim. See my post on January 8, 2015, entitled, “Did El-Sisi Say Revise the Qur’an?” It’s about Egyptian President el-Sisi’s speech on this, and he is a Muslim.
The following is taken from my post on April 4, 2014 entitled “Are We Doing Enough About Mulsim Suicide Bombers?”
Along with many positive moral features of Islam, the Koran also sometimes advocates violence against “hypocrites,” “idolaters,” “unbelievers,” and “infidels.” The Koran labels apostate Muslims as “hypocrites,” and it repeatedly and specifically identifies Jews and Christians as either “unbelievers” or “infidels.” The following are some examples of hostilities advocated in the Koran:
- “Many large armies have fought by the side of their prophet [Muhammed]…. We will put terror into the hearts of the unbelievers. They serve other deities besides God” (3:146, 150).
- “Believers [Muslims], take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends. They are friends with one another. Whoever of you seeks their friendship shall become one of their number. God does not guide the wrongdoers” (5:51).
- “You will find that the most implacable of men in their enmity to the faithful [Muslims] are the Jews and the pagans, and that the nearest in affection to them are those who say: ‘We are Christians’” (5:82).
- “the hypocrites,… If they desert you, seize them and put them to death wherever you find them” (4:88-89).
- “slay the idolaters wherever you find them” (9:5).
- “Fight against such of those to whom the Scriptures were given as believe in neither God nor the Last Days, who … do not embrace the true Faith” (9:29).
- “the faithful … They will fight for the cause of God, they will slay and be slain. Such is the true promise which He has made them in the Torah, the Gospel and the Koran” (9:111).
- “Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you” (9:123).
- “When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield strike off their heads” (47:4).