I’ve made a lot of mistakes in more than two decades of practicing witchcraft. Some have been silly, and others have had farther reaching consequences. I spent some time reflecting, and came up with these five that I think of as my biggest.
- Being too scared to try something and putting off my first rituals way longer than I should have.
- Thinking that because I’d read a lot of books I was an expert (and then being a jerk about it).
- Expecting prejudice, so not taking the risk of sharing my practice with others.
- Worrying about whether or not other people would take me seriously.
- Not being upfront about being a witch with potential partners, roommates, and others who really needed to know.
I go into detail in my video. Enjoy! I’d love to know what you wish you’d done differently when you were starting out.