There are a number of ongoing and immediate critical events that impact Americans and/or the rest of the world:
- The US appears to be taking actions to prepare to go into war with Iran.
- Roe vs Wade is currently in jeopardy.
- Actions taken in order to try and improve our situation are blocked by McConnell and the Senate.
- Kids are still in cages and they have been abused and/or dying.
- Terrorists keep shooting up schools and places of worship. Too many to link them all, unfortunately, so linking to examples of each.
First of all, there are practical things that everyone can do, including calling your state representatives and senators. There are charitable organizations to donate funds to. There is volunteer work that can also be done.
I recommend supporting one or more of the following organizations:
- Raices – a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that promotes justice by providing free and low-cost legal services to underserved immigrant children, families, and refugees
- Planned Parenthood – provides healthcare and education in regards to reproductive and sexual health
- SLPC (Southern Law Poverty Center) – fights for civil rights and against hate groups including white supremacy, anti-LGBTQIA+ groups, and more
- ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) – works in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties that the Constitution and the laws of the United States guarantee everyone in this country
- NARAL Pro-Choice America – fights for access to abortion care, birth control, paid parental leave and protections from pregnancy discrimination
- Healing and protection work for the people most negatively impacted by these events.
- Justice spells to get the right actions taken in favor of the oppressed. There are various spirits, daimons, and deities who handle matters of justice, especially in matters regarding women and/or minorities. I would highly recommend making an appeal to them. Examples of deities who handle justice would be Zeus, Jupiter, Tyr, Athena, Dike, Ma’at, and Themis.
- Hex and/or curse work done against the parties responsible for the oppressing. I’ve blogged about this in the past, particularly in regards to how to handle hexes on public figures.
- Self care, especially if you’re in the line of fire while trying to combat this in a practical and/or magical way.
If you can engage in a group effort with people to get one or more of the above done, that’s often the best approach. But you can do this alone and find others online who can work with you and/or do similar workings.
I very much believe in both the practical and the magical for combating these sorts of issues.