Over on FrMatthewLC.com, I’ve posted a sensory-friendly Mass directory. I hope this helps autistics and families find a family without sensory issues.
One of the biggest steps the Church needs to do now to include autistics is making a sensory-friendly Mass in every city. Asking a few autistics I know, I have found a number of locations that have such Masses. I looked at the US and Canada…
- This is presented as-is and to-the-best-of-my-knowledge. I cannot gurantee the information in the map.
- Each location has details and usually a link to the website.
- Some are specific areas like a reverse cry-room, some are special Masses explicitly sensory-friendly, and others are Masses that are the most sensory friendly in the area even if not done for that reason.
- Different locations use different terms. I will usually include this in the description.
- Not every one is every week. (Honestly, with the autistic love of order and regularity, we should work to make these all weekly.)
- I am relying both on parish descriptions and descriptions by atusitic individuals.
- Please comment below or use the contact form above if something needs updating.
- This will be pinned to the menu on this site and I hope to regualrly update it so it can be reshared every few months.
Read the rest over on FrMatthew.com. I will be posting more over there so subscribe there for the latest.