The air has a chill, and it’s beginning to look a lot like Samhain. The ghouls and ghost are in the air, it’s almost Samhain night, beware ! I thoguht it would be fun to put together a list of things that make us sure it’s Samhain even if we don’t have a calendar ready. So here you go :
- You can’t get the silver shamrock earworm out of your head. Known by many as the worst film of the season, not only because of this tune, which is too horrible not to share.
- I just watched a black cat cross the road… to take a crap.
- The vale is thin. In my last post I wrote about how on my FB page last year that I was tired of seeing people post that ” It’s Samhain and the vale is thin.” In case you missed it the problem is with the misspelling not the concept. Apparently one semi-famous witch didn’t get it and proceeded to witchsplain Samhain to me … hahaha. I thought it was more amusing to leave it, and my friends posted a bevy of comments like “I am so smart, I am so smart.” I just saw this woman last weekend, she still doesn’t get it. Uggh.
- People are working on their ancestor alters. This is another one of my spelling pet peeves. I think what you’re trying to spell folks is altars. The linguist in my appreciates that the creation of sacred space can alter the perceptions of the mind and body, but still ….
- I’ve eaten more Halloween Oreos and candy, than hot food this week. But I’m not complaining.
- It’s cold and the ghost of Michael Jackson has left me a drawer full of single gloves. I don’t have any video of the Voodoo Silent rave I did, so I’ll post these lyrics instead. Ahahahahahahahaha
Something evil’s lurking from the dark
Under the moonlight
You see a sight that almost stops your heart
You try to scream
But terror takes the sound before you make it
You start to freeze
As horror looks you right between your eyes
You’re paralyzed….Michael Jackson’s Thriller lyrics
- Uranus was visible on Oct 19, feel free to laugh, heartily from the top of your head down to ur… well you know.
- The hipsters are howling at the moon, no wait that means it’s Thursday.
- Because everyone’s Nana is coming back. This one is funny, cause it’s true. For more information on this to do for Nana when she arrives like setting up a real ancestor altar please see my post Creating Ancestor Altars in Voodoo, Vodou, and Santeria.
So set the table for the Dumb Supper, light the candles, dust off your witchy hat and broom, because outdoor witchin’ is starting soon !
Have a Blessed Samhain Everyone ! And as always if you have laughed, smiled, or otherwise enjoyed what you find here on this blog please remember to like, share, and comment !