Water is life, and Rose Water is no exception. A long time ingredient in Hoodoo and other types of magick, Rose Water is a sweet and refreshing element in many different types of spells and rituals. Magickally it is used in spells for love, romance, healing, psychic energy, and protection. As a beauty product this can be used as a moisturizer, toner, hair rinse, a skin and face spray, and is even used as an ingredient in cooking.
Rose Water Instructions
There are many commercial preparations on the market, but you can also make your own if you want. The blog Everything Under the Moon tells us how :
Make Your Own Materials
• 2-3 quarts rose petals
• ice cubes
• pot with rounded lid
• bowl that fits inside pot
1. Place the brick in the center of the pot. There is nothing magical about the brick. Its purpose is simply to hold the collection bowl above the surface of the roses.
2. Put the rose petals in the pot (around the brick) and add enough water to barely cover the petals.
3. Set the bowl on top of the brick. The bowl will collect the water.
4. Invert the lid of the pot (turn it upside down), so the rounded part of the lid dips into the pot.
5. Heat the roses and water to a gentle boil.
6. Place ice cubes on the top of the lid. The ice will cool the steam, condensing the rose water inside the pot and making it run down the lid and drip into the bowl.
7. Continue gently boiling the roses and adding ice as needed until you have collected the rose water. Don’t boil off all the water. You’ll collect the most concentrated rose water in the first few minutes. After that, it will become more and more dilute. Turn off the heat when you notice the condensation isn’t as rose-scented as you would like. You can collect between a pint and quart of rose water in 20-40 minutes using 2-3 quarts of rose petals.
Rose Water Happiness Spell
If you haven’t noticed already I love to use this ingredient everywhere. One of my favorite spells from my book Love Magic is for a Happiness Water Bath. It combine equal parts of Florida water, and rose water, along with lavender and carnation oil. You can use it in your bath, as a floorwash, or just sprinkle it around for great blessings of joy.
As always if you have enjoyed what you find here do us a favor and please remember to like, comment, and share !