I think that sometimes in our eagerness to debate we forget just how much we actually agree on. I really liked this post from Frank Viola here at Patheos Evangelical. In it he explains how Jesus liberates women. I may have written a complementarian spectrum, but I agreed with every word of the whole post and I predict almost every Complementarian I know would agree as well.
- In the spirit of Mary Magdalene — the first woman to set eyes on the resurrected Christ – women are free to testify to the good news of Jesus and His resurrection.
- In the spirit of Mary – the mother of Jesus – women are free to fulfill God’s will and calling, saying “be it unto me according to your Word.”
- In the spirit of Mary of Bethany, women are free to worship Jesus Christ extravagantly. And they are free to sit at His feet as disciples, along with His male followers.
- In the spirit of Anna, women are free to prophesy by the Holy Spirit. In this way, women are called to serve as spiritual priests along with men because they are part of the priesthood of all believers and they too possess the Spirit.
- In the spirit of the Canaanite woman who persisted in her request for Jesus to heal her daughter, women are free to press into the Kingdom of God and wrestle with God until they receive His blessing.
- In the spirit of the women who traveled with Jesus – Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Susanna, and others – women are free to follow the Lord wherever He goes and serve Him out of their substance.
- In the spirit of the Samaritan woman whom Jesus met at Jacob’s well, women are free to give their Lord a drink and receive His living waters which spring into life eternal. READ MORE