As some of you know, for the past few years I have been on the Board of Directors of California Faith for Equality. While never as active as I would like to be, I am excited about our recent direction setting including the hiring of a new executive director, Eleanor Steinman. After just a few phone calls and in-person interactions, I firmly believe that our faith-based work to bring about marriage equality in CA is headed in a positive direction.
After the recent elections and as we await the Supreme Court decision on Proposition 8, there are undoubtedly many questions that folks have about the state of marriage equality today. Well wonder no more because California Faith for Equality invites clergy and faith leaders to join in on an informational call THIS Friday, November 16th.
“THE STATE OF OUR UNIONS”
- What worked in Maine, Maryland, Minnesota and Washington?
- What is next on the horizon for the freedom to marry in other states?
- What can we expect in California?
- DATE: Friday, November 16th
- TIME: 10:00 am PST
- CALL-IN NUMBER: (605) 475-4000
- ACCESS CODE: 919428#