Greetings from sunny Florida

…where, this morning,it was 35 degrees.

The Deacon’s Wife and I are taking a winter break in a warmer climate — or trying to — and blogging will be light for the next few days.

I’ll try to post periodically and moderate comments when necessary.  Please behave yourselves.

Since I’m away, I don’t have a homily for this weekend (is that cheering I hear in the distance?) but two great resources are A Concord Pastor and Msgr. Charles Pope.   Pay them a visit.  You won’t be disappointed.

Meantime, I’m off to get some hot chocolate.  And warm socks.  And gloves.

Comments

1. This is a great chance for you to see the new parish in Viera you blogged about if you are in central Florida! We’d love to give you a tour. Welcome to Florida!

2. Godspeed…and enjoy your respite.

Thanks, Fr. Peter! I’m in Orlando. How far away is that??

4. 45 minutes, on the way to the beaches! Send me an email if you are headed this way!

5. Kimberly St. John says:

Any plans on heading down to West Palm?

As a new citizen of Tallahassee, FL., after 18 years in RI, all I can say is: ENJOY. ENJOY,ENJOY! Somehow I don’t miss the snow, ice and really cold temps.

Pagansister:
    Don’t know much about Tallahassee proper but when our oldest son graduated with his MFA from FSU, we stayed in a rented beach house at Alligator Point. I have visited all over Florida and that gig was the most relaxing.

8. I’m down I-10 from Tallahassee just short of Pensacola. 29 degrees this morning. Tally was on our list of retirement places before we chose here.

9. Have you stopped at Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine?

10. Well it’s still warmer there than here. It’s freezing up here today in NYC.

11. 30 mins West of you I can relate to your picture! That’s how I wish I had dressed for mass this morning! I was reading – so jeans were out for me but oh how I wished I could have worn them! Having lived here for 9 years I’ve become somewhat of a weakling when faced with such brisk temperatures.

At least the sun is still shining – always a plus :) Enjoy your visit.

12. deacon john says:

Enjoy your time there Greg. The warmth and the sunshine are a great blessing. Colleen, my wife and I were there two weeks ago. Went to Universal and attended daily mass at Corpus Christi in Celebration right there in the Orlando area.

13. Fiergenholt says:

One of the most unusual Florida Catholic scenes is the French-Language mass at the “town” parish in Okeechobee. I am sure there are more throughout the state. A LOT of French-speaking Canadians visit south for the winter. Just look for the “Maple-Leaf” flags!

14. Regina Faighes says:

I hope you and Siobhain are having a wonderful time in Orlando! But then again, how could anyone NOT have a wonderful time in the happiest place on earth?! :-)