Warner Bros., the studio behind The Dark Knight Rises, is making a donation to charities supporting victims of the Aurora, Colo., shooting rampage.
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the studio has been in contact with Colorodo governor John Hickenlooper‘s office and will contribute to a fund identified by the governor on the website givingfirst.org, which is a program of Colorado’s Community First Foundation. The fund distributes monies across several charities that will support victims of the July 20 killing spree that left at least 12 dead and dozens injured.
The studio will not release publically the amount of the lump sum donation but sources say it is “substantial.”
- The Profound Theological Awesomeness of the Superman Trailers
- What is the Predominant Religion on The Bachelorette?
- Justin Bieber: Abortion is Killing a Baby
- Office Depot’s Lady Gaga Initiative Insults True “Bravery”
- I’m a White Republican Raising a Black Child: Deal with It