I was in the car with Atticus on Friday and I had a sort of passing thought, I wonder what my top ten favorite songs are. I wonder if I could even pick just ten. Then, I thought, This would make a great blog challenge! So here it is: The Ultimate Playlist Blog Challenge.
Scenario: You have crashed on a desert island (no, it isn’t The Island, otherwise you’d have more important things to worry about than a playlist). You have an iPod with a solar-powered battery, therefore it will never die. At least not before you do.
Instructions: You are permitted to have one playlist of 20 songs, for the rest of your life. Once a year you are allowed to switch one of the songs for a new one, so when you make your list, you can add two or three alternates.
I’m going to make my list here. I challenge you to make your list on your blog, then link to it here in the comments so we can all read your list too!
(1) Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – U2
(2) A Living Prayer – Alison Krauss
(3) Regina Caeli – Cathedral Singers version(4) All Creatures of Our God and King – David Crowder Band version
(5) The King of Love my Shepherd Is
(6) Orphan Girl – Gillian Welch
(7) Across the Border – Bruce Springsteen
(8) O Holy Night – Celine Dion version
(9) Bach’s Cello Suite #1 – Bach
(10) O Little Town of Bethlehem – Sarah McLachlan
(11) All I want is You – U2
(12) America – Simon & Garfunkel
(13) Ave Maria – Schubert version
(14) Stairway to Heaven – Led Zeppelin
(15) L-O-V-E – Nat King Cole
(16) Pange Lingua Gloriosi – Cathedral Singers version
(17) Litany of the Saints
(18) Our Deliverance – Indigo Girls
(19) Black or White – Michael Jackson
(20) Hold You in My Arms – Ray LeMontagne
Alternates: (1) Like a prayer – Madonna (2) Our Last Night – Better Than Ezra (3) You Can’t Always Get What You Want – The Rolling Stones
Done. Do you accept the challenge?