- Feeling inventive? We loved these 39 great ideas for cool toys you can make yourself, or commission your older kids to do!
- Pointers for raising grateful children (despite living in this consumer culture) can be found in this great piece.
- We loved this idea for teaching children the beautiful names of Allah. It includes printouts you can download to easily make your own flash cards and worksheets.
- Check out and support this neat effort to produce quality Islamic educational apps for our children, led by well-known graphic designer Peter Gould.
- Are you part of an interfaith family? Here and here are some personal reflections on how Christmas can become a shared experience while respecting everyone’s beliefs.
- Never underestimate the power of a light nap to get you through the day. Here are some tips for getting in those rejuvenating Zzzs.
- Good manners are more than just learning to say please and thank you. This piece about raising polite children who show true appreciation is on point.
- Last week, Habib Ali Jiri offered these valuable lessons for Muslims from the life of Nelson Mandela.
- Finally, nothing beats a freshly baked cookie, and this is one reader-recommended recipe you’ll want to try.
GrowMama Picks for December
Related posts from Grow Mama Grow:
GrowMamaGrow is an online community of American Muslim mothers and young women. The project provides a supportive, friendly, and non-judgmental space for women to share experiences, support one another, grow in their spirituality, and inspire each other.