Growmama Picks is a collection of fun, interesting, and/or inspiring links that we share with you at the end of every month. Enjoy!
- This post breaks down empathy into four steps so it is teachable to young children.
- Two bloggers give a personal, heartfelt glimpse into the challenges that mothers of special needs children face in navigating the Muslim community. Read this post on attending an eid celebration and this one on dealing with the preconceptions of quick-to-judge individuals.
- Ten ways we misunderstand children.
- This article on the struggle to perform the five prayers on time is very practical for busy, stressed moms.
- This is an interesting visual approach to helping children understand the surahs they are learning.
- Cold season is not always a bad thing. There can be a positive side to childhood illness.
- When your child doesn’t seem to understand “No”, we need to remember that it’s OK to allow feelings while limiting behavior.
- This looks like a fun winter day activity with food coloring, Q-tips, dish soap, and milk (maybe wait until your gallon is about to go bad).
- We loved reading the first of the Amazing Race series, and look forward to the next installments.