Here are the 10 worst states for retirement, and some of the reasons why each is on the list. With this MoneyRates.com ranking the No. 1 spot is the worst of the worst.
10. Rhode Island — high property taxes
9. Maryland — high property taxes and other costs
8. Maine — low life expectancy and harsh climate
6. New York (tie) — high property taxes and other costs
6. Ohio (tie) — low life expectancy
5. Massachusetts — high property taxes and other costs
4. Illinois — high property taxes and high unemployment
2. Alaska (tie) — high cost-of-living and harsh climate
2. Pennsylvania (tie) — low life expectancy and tough economy
1. Michigan — harsh weather and a tough economic climate
Read about MoneyRate’s list of best-rated states for retirement.
Top Ten Worst States…
Nov 23, 2012 @ 7:36 by 6 Comments