From Thom Rainer:
So I took to the Twitterverse again with my poll question asking pastors what they like most about their work. Here are their top ten responses.
- Seeing lives transformed.
- Preaching. Frankly, I expected this response to be number one, but it was a distant second. Preaching is very important to these pastors, but transformed lives are the most important. Of course, some of them noted that preaching transforms lives.
- Personal evangelism. Though distant to number one, sharing the gospel one-on-one was a clear number three. Here is a fascinating facet of this study to me: Over 85 percent of the pastors named one of these first three as their response. The next eight were named by less than 15 percent of the pastors.
- The people/members.
- Developing new relationships.
- Ministering in the community.
- Ministering to members.
- Casting a vision.
- Staff relationships.
- Mentoring or discipling one-on-one.