The question is this: When you are kingdom mission church? What would you add? Or what do you think is the single most important sign of a kingdom mission church?
(An outline approach to rethinking kingdom mission, or You are a kingdom mission church when…)
- When the cruciform character of King Jesus shapes every major dimension of your local church.
- When your church perceives itself as a people redeemed and rescued from the world and evil by king Jesus.
- When your church knows it is governed by Lord Jesus.
- When your church challenges the lordless lords of our culture and country. (Barth’s expression)
- When your church seeks to be a kingdom kind of community.
- When your church is known above all for loving one another and loving your neighbors.
- When your church establishes justice and peace within the local fellowship and then extends that justice and peace into the community.
- When your church cannot avoid being people of “good works” in the public sector.
- When your church becomes “sacred space” or “kingdom space” in your community.
- When your church’s spiritual disciplines foster these themes.
What spiritual practices or disciplines do we need to practice to foster this kind of kingdom mission church?