If we’re going to be friends here on my new Patheos blog, I’ll have to share here early on that I’m a geek. I’m also a Mac. So just be forewarned that when Apple makes their semi-regular product announcements, you can expect me to likely blog a line or two about them.
Typically, my modus operandi goes like this:
- Lisa tunes in to Apple product announcement.
- Lisa checks account balances at Bank of America online.
- Lisa declares she doesn’t want, doesn’t need, and can definitely live without whatever latest and greatest new Apple toy/tool is announced.
- Lisa sees her geek friends Tweet about how awesome their new ____ (fill in the blank) is and begins to commit the sin of envy.
- Lisa checks her bank account again.
- Lisa eventually (but not immediately) breaks down and realizes she cannot possibly live without _____. (It’s so much smaller, and faster, and it’s white!)
- Greg (Lisa’s amazingly generous husband) becomes the proud new owner of the last generation Apple toy/tool Lisa’s been using, and Lisa gets the new one (in White, of course).
The cycle has repeated itself numerous times over the past five years. Today, I find myself right between stage numbers 3 and 4 with respect to Apple’s announcement this week of the new iPad Mini. I don’t need it, I can’t afford it, and I’ll likely end up owning one at some point in the future. But not today or likely even in November.
Because I spotted this:
Thanks Conan O’Brien. I owe you one!