1. I believe that all voices should be free to speak and to be heard.
2. I believe that they are not afraid to ask some hard questions that I think need asking.
3. I believe that God cannot be scientifically or logically proven, as they insist.
4. I believe they have the ability to expose idiocy that has risen to the level of taboo.
5. I believe their critique of church life can be more objective, therefore more incisive.
6. I believe, as they argue, that the church and the state must be kept separate.
7. I believe I must respect even the strongest opponent of my views and beliefs.
8. I believe, since I have atheist friends, that most mean no harm.
9. I believe they can, like anyone, employ measures that threaten human liberties.
10. I believe that sometimes I have been one myself!
These are generalizations, since â€œatheist â€ does not describe a cohesive, homogenous or unified group.