1. It was founded by Jesus Christ. It was founded by the Second Person of the Trinity, the Son of God, the Word of God made flesh. Ladies and gentlemen: Jesus Christ.
2. We don’t conform to society. Ahem: Chastity, Modesty, Pro-life, traditional marriage, care for the poor, disenfranchised and vulnerable, defense of the right to private property and a just wage. So basically, the exact opposite of Hollywood/MTV/the media in general/and trendies on both sides of the political spectrum everywhere.
3. Jesus rose from the dead.
4. Sacrament of Confession: We don’t have to spend the rest of our lives feeling guilty about sins, because once we go to Confession, in the eyes of God and of the Church those sins NEVER happened.
5. St. Francis of Assisi proclaimed peace and revolution before the hippies did. And he did it without drugs.
6. The Catholic Church has preserved the Creeds and Christian teaching in the face of every opposition for 2,000 years.
7. The Church supports women.
St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Teresa of Avila, St. Catherine of Sienna: Doctors of the Church.
The first person to whom Jesus revealed Himself as the Messiah was the woman at the well.
In the Parable of the Lost coin, Jesus used a woman as the metaphor for God.
The first person to see Jesus after his resurrection was a woman.
St. Joan of Arc: Led France (like, in battle and in armor) to freedom in the name of God.
In the words of Flannery O’Connor, “the Catholic Church would as readily canonize a woman saint as a man.”
8. Traditions that go back to the year 33 a.d. (when Christ founded the Church.)
9. The Communion of Saints: We can ask the saints to pray for us/our intentions when we aren’t able to. There are times when we aren’t able to pray, but the saints are spending eternity in union with Christ!
10. And finally, we can touch the Living Christ in the Eucharist and be healed at every mass.