UPDATE!!!!! JAN 29, 09:
I realized this morning that I had accidentally failed to put a book on the list, that in my opinion is going to become quite important to the conversation. I would put it somewhere towards the beginning of the list, as it gives a great introduction into several of the themes (especially in regards to the Gospel). The list below was meant for someone who was entering that conversation who has either a limited Christian background or has a more traditional evangelical upbringing. So, without further adieu, the missing book is: True Story: A Christianity Worth Believing In; James Choung.
The following is a list of books that I put together that I would suggest to someone who is interested in the “Missional/Pomo/Emerging/Younger Evangelical/Red Letter Christians/ New Monastic” Conversation. There are certainly other titles that could be on the list, but this just my suggestion to anyone who would be interested. I also have been a bit intentional about the order although I am sure some of this could be switched around as well. If you were going to give a similar list, what would it look like? Or, what are your thoughts on this?
4. Simply Christian, N.T. Wright
5. A Generous Orthodoxy, Brian McLaren
6. Embracing Grace, Scot McKnight
7. Jesus Wants to Save Christians, Rob Bell & Don Golden
9. Colossians Remixed: Subverting the Empire, Walsh and Keesmaat
10. The New Christians, Tony Jones
11. A New Kind of Christian Series
12. Jesus For President, Shane Claiborne
14. Whose Afraid of Postmodernism, James Smith
15. The Blue Parakeet, Scot McKnight