On Sunday afternoons I am going to invite you the readers to share a quick thought from your church experiences this past weekend.
- Something insightful that challenged you in your life with God.
- Something hilarious that you heard or saw
- Something visual that you just had to take a picture of (Disqus comments allow you to upload a picture)
- Something that gave you a vision of the early church
- Something that felt contrived or superficial (be careful not to gossip here)
- Something that made you cry
- Something unique that could benefit other churches and Christians
- OR Something completely Random
Here’s a thought from a reader from last weekend:
I pastor a small baptist church and being the end of summer we had a lot of people out of town, so instead of the 60-70 people that is more the norm we had around 30 or so. While those kind of numbers are not supposed to be a big deal it can be a little discouraging. I preached on how we are children of God and as his children we are always loved and welcomed home. At the end of the service one of the tougher ladies in the church as she was leaving said with tears in her eyes that she wished her husband had been there that morning as he just does not get it. I told her that maybe one day he will but until he does he is still a child of God and still loved and still welcome home! – Tharp_Holden