Conservative Christian Slut-Shaming, Boys Will Be Boys, and Identity Formation
“Apparently, after seeing one ‘sexual’ picture of a teenage girl, guys are only able now to think of that teenage girl as a sexual object. The idea seems to be that ‘boys will be boys’ is true.”
42. I am angry that the stats for how often Christians and Atheists “sin” is about the same (or higher for Christians), and yet Atheists are told they have no morality.
Atheist marriages may last longer than Christian ones – Salon.com
“Research suggests American divorce rates are highest among “Bible-believing” Christians.”
Christian Piatt: Are Atheists Better People Than Christians?
“Back when I waited tables, the Sunday after-church crowd was the absolute worst of the week to wait on.”
43. I am angry that Christians insist, in spite of all evidence to the contrary, that Atheism is akin to nihilism simply because the Bible tells them so.
Atheism and nihilism
An example from a Christian Apologist.
44. I am angry that Atheists are told by Christians they have no basis for morality, and then say they do because they follow the commands of an imaginary creator who just happens to be right about everything, just because. Morality is a system we made up to help us navigate the world — it can be refined and theorized. WE are the basis for our morality — we would have to be — and I get angry when Atheists are denied input into a moral system because Christians are committed to one that is about 3000 years old.
45. I am angry that when I am criticizing ideas and am CAREFUL not to demean people themselves, I am then demeaned as a human being AND my ideas are criticized AND I am told that I should not demean people.
46. I am angry that often when someone ends a conversation on religion with “I’ll pray for you,” they mean to insinuate that YOU need intervention from their imaginary God and THEY are fine. I further get angry when they use the phrase to guilt-trip you into accepting Christianity because they pray for you so often.
“I’ll Pray For You”: Seven Reasons It Makes Atheists Angry
Often, Christians state that the phrase “I’ll pray for you” makes atheists angry because atheists actually secretly believe in the power of prayer, but there are more plausible possibilities.
47. I am angry because religion somehow got attached to denying women the right to reproductive help.
How Abortion was Linked to Pro-Segregation as an issue for the Religious Right
The modern religious right formed, practically overnight, as a rapid response to the Supreme Court’s landmark ruling in Roe v. Wade. Or, at least, that’s how the story goes. Here’s the reality…
48. I am angry that Christianity teaches that we are so evil that we need to replace ourselves with the self God gave us — taking away our individuality and what makes it unique.
What does it mean to “deny yourself”?
A person hung on [a cross] until his skeletal structure collapsed and he suffocated to death…his body drowning itself in its own fluids.We are to live in such a way that it is apparent to everyone that we have died to ourselves…and live for God.
49. I am angry that the entire, amazing, real universe is so often reduced down to an incredibly small myth that is used to intimidate and control individuals.
“It’s Just Out Of Proportion”
50. I am angry that if you doubt you need “help” in the Christian scheme — whereas if you have faith, you’re good to go. Faith should not be a virtue. In every other part of life, it’s not — why should it be here?
Faith and Doubt | Reasonable Faith
“Remember: Doubt is not just a matter of academic debate or disinterested intellectual discussion; it involves a battle for your very soul, and if Satan can use doubt to immobilize you or destroy you, then he will.” — William Lane Craig