Man Survives Bear Attack and Then Immediately Films His Story

Man Survives Bear Attack and Then Immediately Films His Story October 5, 2016

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 1.51.16 PM

A Montana man survived a gruesome bear attack this week and then posted a video of his experience on Facebook, all before seeking medical attention.

This guy is amazing!

Todd Orr was in bear country near his hometown of Bozeman, Montana when he came upon a mother Grizzly and her two cubs.  After surviving two separate attacks, Orr filmed a video recalling what happened and explaining his injuries.

Yahoo News tells his story:

According to the Montana Standard, the attack occurred on Saturday while Orr was out scouting for potential hunting locations on the North Fork of Bear Creek in the Madison Range. There, Orr encountered a mother grizzly bear and her two cubs between 7:15 and 7:30 a.m.

The mother bear charged Orr, who then sprayed her with bear spray. Unfortunately, the spray was not enough to deter the bear and Orr sustained multiple injuries to his head and arms. […]

Orr then made the three-mile trek back to his truck, but the bear wasn’t done yet.

After biting Orr’s head, arms and shoulder, the bear then stood on him.

Orr managed to play dead, and eventually the bear lost interest and left. Bloodied and beaten, Orr walked the remaining distance to his truck, where he was able to film the clip, phone 911 and drive himself to the hospital.

Orr says he spent eight hours in the hospital in order to treat his wounds. He was fortunate to walk away with a nasty gash on his head, a chipped ulna bone in his forearm and numerous bruises and scratches.

I can’t believe he can stand there so calmly with open head wounds and recount the entire episode. What a tough guy!  He reminds me of an Alaskan!

Through it all he still had an incredible attitude about it, saying “Not my best day, but I’m alive. So thankful I’m here to share with all of you.”

(Photo: Todd Orr, Facebook)

Browse Our Archives

Follow Us!