The Lunar Zodiac is believed to be one of the most ancient scientific subjects ever studied. It follows the moon, not the sun, and is divided into twenty-eight sections called “the Mansions of the Moon.” The Mansions are divided into twelve parts or “steps.” Each of these steps within the Lunar Zodiac point to the same gospel and fulfilled prophecy as the twelve solar signs and their 36 decans. And, each of the moon’s 28 Mansions parallel and correspond to a solar sign.
The Lunar Zodiac was virtually unknown to the Romans, Greeks, and Egyptians, which partially explains why the Solar Zodiac was not incorporated into Islamic ideology. Islam follows the moon, similar to those who traveled through Arabia from India and China. In Arabia and India, Lunar Mansions are interwoven throughout poetry, science, and mythology, and beautifully described in Max Muller’s (and others’) monumental 50 volume work: Sacred Books of the East. Indian astronomers assigned figures to each step; Middle and Far East astronomers named them without assigning figures or emblems.
Interestingly, the Chinese zodiac begins with Virgo, like God’s Zodiac. Joseph Augustus Seiss points out in his seminal work, The Gospel in the Stars, that the Lunar Zodiac was well-known in China as far back as the reign of Yao, roughly 2,300 years before Abraham. Following the Lunar calendar is what became the Chinese Zodiac.
But, the Lunar Zodiac identifies the same fulfilled prophecy as the twelve solar signs and their 36 decans. Seiss points out that the Lunar Mansions proceed “in strict accordance with the scriptural prophesies and descriptions of the Seed of the woman.” (Virgo)
The first grouping in the Solar Zodiac that points to the person, work, and triumph of Jesus Christ (Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, and Sagittarius) specifically corresponds to the first nine Lunar Mansions.
- Lunar Mansions 1-3 correspond to Virgo:
- Al Awa “the Desired.” Jesus is the “the desire of nations.” (Hag. 2:7)
- Simak al Azel “Branch of the power of God.” Jesus is “God’s servant the branch,” and “the branch of righteousness who shall execute judgment.” (Zec. 6:12, Isa. 4:2, Jer. 23:5, 33:15)
- Caphir, “the atonement, “the propitiation by sacrifice.” Jesus was the offering who atoned for our sin. (Rom. 3:25; Heb. 2:17; 1 John 2:2, 4:10)
- Lunar Mansions 4-5 correspond to Libra: Al Zubena, “the redeeming,” the “regaining by purchase,” and Al Iclil, “the complete submission.” (Gal. 3:13; Ps 130: 34:7,22; Eph. 1:7, 4:30)
- Lunar Mansions 6-7 correspond to Scorpio: Al Kalb “the cleaving” or “wounding” and Al Shaula, “the sting, the deadly wound.” (Isa. 53:5; 1 Pet. 2:24)
- Lunar Mansions 8-9 correspond to Sagittarius: Al Nairn, “the gracious,” the “delighted in,” Al Beldah, “hastily coming, as to judgment.” (Isa. 42:1; Matt. 12:18; Joel 3:12; 2 Tim. 4: 1, 8; James 3:1, 4:12; Rev. 20:4)
- Lunar Mansion 10 corresponds to Capricornus: Al Dibah, “the sacrifice slain.” (1 Cor. 5:7; Heb. 7:27, 9:28; Rev. 5:12)
- Lunar Mansion 11-13 correspond to Aquarius: Sdad al ‘Bula, “witness of the rising” or “drinking in;” Sdad al Su’ud, “witness of the swimming or outpouring;” Al Achbiya, “the fountain of pouring.” (Isa. 44: 3, 32:15; Ezek 39:29; Joel 2:28; Acts 2:17, 33, 10:45; Matt. 26:28; Php. 2:17; 2 Tim. 4:6)
- Lunar Mansion 14-16 correspond to Pisces: Al Pherg al Muchaddem, “the progeny of the ancient times;” Al Pherg al Muachher, “the progeny of the latter times;” Al Risha, “the band, the joined together.” (Eph. 1:18; Rom. 8:27; Hebrews)
- Lunar Mansion 17-19 correspond to Aries: Al Sheratan, “the wounded, that was cut off;” Al Botein, “the treading under foot;” Al Thuraiya, “the enemy punished.” (Isa. 53:3; Rom. 16:20; Gen. 3:15; Dan. 9:26)
The last four Solar signs, representing the consummation of the Lamb (Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, and Leo) correspond to the last eight Lunar Mansions.
- Lunar Mansions 20-21 correspond to Taurus: Al Debaran, “the Leader, the subduer,” and Al Heka, “the driving away.” (Matt. 10:1; 1 John 4:18)
- Lunar Mansions 22-23 correspond to Gemini: Al Henah, “the wounded in the foot;” Al Dirak, “the ill-treated.” (Isa. 53; 1 Pet. 2:24)
- Lunar Mansions 24-25 correspond to Cancer: Al Nethra, “the treasure,” “the possession,” Al Terpha, “the healed, the delivered, the saved.” (Ps. 107:6, 116:8; Dan. 12:1; Isa. 33:6; Col. 2:3)
- Lunar Mansions 26-28 correspond to Leo: Al Gieba, “the exaltation,” “the Prince,” Al Zubra, “delayed punishment;” Al Serpha, “the burning.” (Isa. 9:6; Ezek. 37:25; Dan. 8:25; Acts 5:31)
Nothing could explode from nothing (a black hole or a big bang) and create signs in the heavens with such precision and order. Each number, each rotation, each variant of every star, was created specifically and unmistakably to point to Jesus.