WILLS POINT, TX – K.P. Yohannan, founder and director of GFA World (Gospel for Asia), which inspired numerous charities like Gospel for Asia Canada, and Metropolitan of Believers Eastern Church, to assist the poor and deprived worldwide — shares essential principles taught by the Lord to help navigate especially when tensions arise in a relationship.
In the very early years of my life serving God, I had a Christian leader over me who seemed to view me as a potential threat to his position. Life became difficult for many years.
Perhaps you’ve found yourself in a similar position, or have a situation that is tricky to navigate. We can never know for certain what is in someone’s heart. Here are some principles that the Lord has taught me over the years, that may be helpful for you to know and implement.
- Don’t take revenge or attempt to take matters into your own hands. Trust God.
- Learn obedience through suffering. Difficult seasons are a tool God uses to prepare you for greater purpose and blessing in your life.
- Ask yourself if there is something you are doing or not doing, saying or not saying, which causes people to struggle communicating with you. Perhaps wise believers, those in the Church whom you trust, may also have some insight that may help you see those blind-spots we all have. Make any necessary changes.
- Read the Word. Learn from the examples of people in the Bible who walked through hardships in a godly way.
- Live in submission to your authority. I share the transformative way God used this principle in my own life in my book Touching Godliness.
- Pray specifically for God to help that individual. Pray for any specific situation, struggle or problem that you know is affecting him, his actions and behavior.
- Go to the person in humility and love and share your concerns, if the Lord leads you to do so. Share with them in humility and leave the “back door” open. Don’t be hasty—give God time to work in their heart.
- Embrace humility. Avoid seeking attention and praise for what you do. Be a servant who seeks to please the Lord, remembering that this is His work. Take courage in Saint Francis’s words: “O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.”
And finally, my friend, take consolation in the thought that Our Lord sees your heart. Even when things may feel unfair or unjust, remember that He delights in your integrity and obedience. Don’t lose heart. Don’t give up. Hold on to that which is true.
“In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love.” –1 Peter 1:6-7
K.P. Yohannan(Metropolitan Yohan), founder and director of GFA World (Gospel for Asia) and Metropolitan of Believers Eastern Church (BEC), has written more than 250 books, including Revolution in World Missions, an international bestseller with more than 4 million copies in print. He and his wife, Gisela, have two grown children, Daniel and Sarah, who both serve the Lord with their families.
Gospel for Asia (GFA World) is a leading faith-based global mission agency, helping national workers bring vital assistance and spiritual hope to millions across the world, especially in Asia and Africa, and sharing the love of God. In a typical year, this includes thousands of community development projects that benefit downtrodden families and their children, free medical camps conducted in more than 1,200 villages and remote communities, over 4,800 clean water wells drilled, over 12,000 water filters installed, income-generating Christmas gifts for more than 260,000 needy families, and teaching to provide hope and encouragement in 110 languages in 14 nations through radio ministry. GFA World has launched programs in Africa, starting with compassion projects in Rwanda. For all the latest news, visit the Press Room at https://gfanews.org/news.
Find out more about Gospel for Asia in the video “A Year in Review with K.P. Yohannan.”
Keep encouraged and get your regular dose of challenge through other articles on Patheos by KP Yohannan Metropolitan, or on his blog at kpyohannan.org.
You can learn more about K.P. Yohannan Metropolitan by clicking here.
Learn more about KP Yohannan, Founder of GFA World, and Metropolitan of the Believers Eastern Church: Facebook | Radio | Twitter | Amazon | Sermon Index | Goodreads | OnePlace | About | Integrity | Lawsuit Update | 5 Distinctives | 6 Remarkable Facts | Book | Wikipedia | Francis Chan | Lawsuit Response | International Offices | Missionary and Child Sponsorship | Transforming Communities through God’s Love