Santa permeates every nook and cranny of our culture during the Christmas season. So Christian parents can often find themselves torn between two unhealthy extremes when it comes to talking to their kids about Santa: avoidance or acceptance.
Here are some ways to find a healthy middle ground this Christmas when it comes to jolly ole St. Nicholas:
- Always tell your children the truth.
- Research and teach your kids about the real St. Nicholas.
- Don’t demonize the cultural Santa.
- Remind your children that it’s not their job to teach their friends “the truth” about Santa.
- Create your own family traditions to celebrate the life and ministry of St. Nicholas.
The Mark Driscoll Ministries team wishes you and your family a very Merry Christmas! Keep an eye out for some amazing resources we have planned for the new year.