TV, a full belly, fatigue, headache, kids, or a fight are some of the ways we avoid doing “the deed.”
I don’t know about you, but these are some of the excuses I’ve used to deal with anxiety when I’m battling body shame.
Sometimes no matter what my husband says or what the scale says, I still feel unattractive.
From the model in the mall window to the mom on Main Street, everyone has some level of insecurity with body image. Why? We live in a society obsessed with body image. And when we feel we don’t meet the standard, body shame sets in. Are you losing the battle with body shame?
You don’t have to.
While we struggle with body image and want to cover up, men are visual. They want to look at our bodies, especially during love making.
If you’re anything like me, you might think:
*I’ve nursed five kids.
*I’ve birthed kids.
*I have love handles.
*I’ve got a C-section scar.
*I can balance a plate on my gut.
*My stretch marks are gross.
Don’t let body image stop you from doing the deed because he loves your body, saggy breasts and all.
When he touches your love handles while you’re making love, he’s not thinking, “Yuck, what’s this?” He wants to enjoy you.
When you deny him because of your own body issues, it’s like you’ve given him a gift but you won’t let him unwrap it and see what’s inside. We let our messed up image of “sexy,” prevent us from feeling sexy. And, if you don’t think you’re sexy, you won’t feel sexy.So how can you get comfortable with your body and enjoy love making? You can do stuff to put yourself “in the zone” before the end of the day.
- Start preparing yourself early in the day.
- Text your husband a flirty note or pic or text him things he does that turn you on.
- Buy a piece of lingerie that makes you feel good.
- If you’re uncomfortable making love with the lights on, light a candle or leave the TV on and mute it. Then you’ll be a sexy silhouette.
- Keep your favorite picture of him handy.
- Take a bubble bath.
- Play your favorite love songs.
- If you drink alcohol, have a glass of wine to help you relax.
- Make love even when you don’t feel like it. Studies show frequent sex improves mood and reduces depression.
The more sexually confident you are, the more confident you’ll feel overall. Shut down the negative commentary running in your head. Hop into bed with your sexy self and have fun.
What do you do to make make yourself feel sexy?