The Sigil for Reproductive Rights is designed to aid in the protection of reproductive rights wherever they are under threat. It was created in my “Sigils for Change” virtual workshop that took place on October 25th, 2021 as part of a fundraising event for the Lilith Fund.
What’s Built Into This Sigil:
- Protection of rights, services, people
- Increased accessibility to safe and legal procedures
- Health-minded focus
- Fact-based education about bodies, sex, pregnancy
- Body autonomy/respecting the sovereign self
- Removal of obstacles to safe/legal treatment for all
- Legalization secured permanently, not to be threatened or overturned.
The sigil can be done entirely in black and/or white, or painted in any variety of red (like in the workshop whiteboard screenshot.) After the workshop, when I went to finalize the design, I added the spirals within the circle, which speak to reproductive organs (note the difference between the workboard and the sigil below).
Suggestions On How To Use This Sigil:
You are welcome to use this sigil however you see fit that is in alignment with the intent of the sigil.
Some suggestions for use:
– use in protests (drawn on signs and bodies)
– draw it in appropriate places (health services, education centers)
– put it on candles for spellcraft
– use on correspondence to health and legal institutions.
Please note: When sharing this sigil (or any other sigil you find on this blog), please be sure to include the link to the blog post. The sigil works best if people understand precisely what went into it, versus just sharing the image and telling people to use it.
Sigil for Reproductive Rights by Laura Tempest Zakroff is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
To find out more about this method of crafting sigils created by Laura Tempest Zakroff (author of the best-selling book Sigil Witchery), checking out Sigil Witchery.