Yowza, you guys! One week ago I asked you to let me know if you’d gotten a flu shot and, in return, I promised to make a donation for every needle jab and mist poof that you guys had gone through in the name of herd immunity.
That way, the local good we’re doing, by building up herd immunity in our local communities, gets to trigger good works for people far away. However. for the sake of my wallet, I capped my total donation at $250 (i.e. 50 vaccinations).
Well, it looks like it only took seven days for you guys to bust through that limit! I counted 52 people in the official Declare Your Vaccination Thread.
Since I set a Nov 1st deadline for fundraising vaccinations, I’m willing to raise my donation cap once to $300. After that, I was wondering if some blog commenters might like to pledge to cover any subsequent vaccinations, after I hit my limit? If you’re interested, please comment below to let me know how many vaccination donations you’d like to sponsor, once we hit the cap (60 vaccinations), and I’ll give you credit in the body of this post.
Here’s our current list of pledgers:
- Vaccinations 61-70 ($50) – Ben Hoffman
- Vaccinations 71-80 ($50) – Joey Savoie, Poor Economics by Abhijit Banerjee and Esther Duflo
- Vaccinations 81-140 ($300) – Anonymous, The Restless Flame by Louis de Wohl
Make sure to tell friends to log their vaccinations here (and yes, getting your kids done counts), so we’ll make it to the range you pledged to cover.
Also, if you’re pledging, let me know:
- If you want to be credited by your handle or by a real name
- If you would like your name to link anywhere in particular (i.e. your website)
- If there’s a book you’d like to recommend to Unequally Yoked readers