It’s been a great year on the UC blog. I took over the helm of this little corner of the Internet in May and since then have worked hard to try and maintain the high standard that John Shore set when he originally founded this group. (By the way, you have gotten in on John’s Kickstarter campaign, right? Trust me, you don’t want to let it slip by!)
Below are our most popular post from this past year, and while I’m proud to have published each and every one of them, I’m also equally proud to have published posts that didn’t necessarily generate thousands of pageviews. Such posts are often part of our Christian Spirituality category — if you’re looking for something a little more contemplative I encourage you to check them out as well.
Finally, if you have some writing you’d like to share, I’m always looking for contributors. Or, if you’d just like to ask a question or make a suggestion about UC, this blog, or life in general, please drop me a line via our contact form.
- Your “Deeply Held Religious Belief” Isn’t Biblical
In our most-viewed post of the year, April Kelsey makes a great case for why trying to claim your bigotry is supported by the Bible just doesn’t work.
- “40 Questions For Christians Now Waving Rainbow Flags”
- The Duggars: Privilege and Personal Irresponsibility
UC’s resident Duggar aficionado Don Burrows blogs about his favorite family.
- Why We Shouldn’t Say “Modest is Hottest”
April Kelsey is back on the list with an important post dispelling the myths surrounding conservative Christianity’s obsession with modesty.
- Denied a birth certificate and SSN# by her fundamentalist parents
UC founder John Shore shares the disturbing story of a girl caught in the trap of fundamentalism.
- Welcome to the Duggar’s world of Independent Fundamental Baptists
John Shore explores the crazy world of Independent Fundamental Baptists.
- I’m not a fan of the Pope and you shouldn’t be either
I try to put the Pope’s visit to America into perspective.
- Did Jesus speak more about Hell than about Heaven?
Another popular myth dispelled on the UC blog! I run the numbers … and they don’t add up.
- Eliminating evangelical double-speak about salvation
Regular UC contributor Chuck Queen takes Rick Warren to task for his misleading message about salvation.
- A Gay Pastor Explains What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality
An anonymous gay pastor sets the record straight about the Bible and homosexuality.
My sincerest thanks goes out to all of the UC administrators, moderators, contributors, commenters, and readers, both here on the blog and on our Facebook page — none of this would happen without you!
Dan is the Executive Editor of the Unfundamentalist Christians blog. He is a writer, graphic designer and IT specialist. He lives in Montana, is married and has two cats.