Just one look at the shiny vibrant blue stone known as azurite and you can see its magick. Azurite is named for its deep blue color. It is found in mines located in Australia, Chile, Egypt, France, Namibia, Peru, and Russia. The stone is known to help with intuition, clarity, insight, meditation, healing, and astral travel. Azurite is called “stone of heaven” and helps to connect with these higher realms. According to the Witchipedia site “Azurite is a soft, bright blue copper carbonate mineral with high copper content. It was known to the ancient Greeks as kuanos and to the Romans as caeruleum, meaning “deep blue” in both cases.”
This can be a great stone to utilize in connection to chakra work, and is particularly helpful in working with the heart, throat, and the third eye chakra. Because of its connection to the psychic world this is also a good stone to keep with your Tarot Cards or other tools for divination.
Do your best not to expose this stone to direct sunlight which will cause it to fade, or to running water which may weaken it.
Azurite Around The Globe
- Legends say that Azurite was used in the lost city of Atlantis to perform healing magick.
- In Ancient Egypt this stone was said to allow one to communicate with the spirit world.
- Chinese culture says Azurite can be used to connect with Heaven.
- The Indigenous Americans people known as the Zuni often use this stone to craft animal fetishes for protection and power.
- This crystal was one of the earliest substances used to make dyes and paints.
- Famous psychic Edgar Cayce was said to have used this to help him focus and meditate.
What are you favorite uses for this stone? I would love to hear from you in the comments section below. For more great love crystals, herbs, spells and information please see my book Love Magic. As always if you have enjoyed what you read here please remember to like, comment and share !