- The Responsibility of the Nation and Its Government to “the Least of These”
- The Policy Implications of Praying, “Thy Kingdom Come…”
- On Corruption and the Exploitation of Workers
- The Sin of Helping the Rich at the Expense of the Poor
- The Blessedness of the Poor and Our Christian Responsibility to Them
- Wealth, Materialism, and the Bible’s View of an “Ownership Society”
- Countering the Right’s Pharisaical Approach to Moral Legalism
- Concluding Thoughts: Applying Scripture in a Pluralistic Society
The language of Scripture calls people to turn away from selfish desire and focus instead on serving God and their neighbors. That’s why the Christian faith has been a driving force in the movements for abolition, workers’ rights, women’s rights, and civil rights. And it’s why millions of Americans root their identity as Democrats in their faith as Christians.
Indeed, the Bible has thousands of verses promoting the values that Democrats hold dear. Please explore the topics we’ve provided and spread the word in your congregations, workplaces, and communities.