Watching and learning from Mother Dolores Hart over the past few months has been so amazing. You might recall that back in June I had the opportunity to hear her speak a few times and to enjoy a meal with her. Mother’s spunk, her spirit, and her deep love for our faith continue to uplift and inspire me. So I’m happy to pass along the following information about this special lady’s embracing of New Media technologies to spread the Good News of the Gospel in a slightly unconventional format. Enjoy!
WHAT – Mother Dolores Hart, former Hollywood star, current prioress of the Abbey of Regina Laudis and still an active and voting member of the Academy, will participate in a Google + hangout with Tom Brown LIVE from Elvis Week in Graceland, Tenn. This event, hosted by Vice President of Original Productions for Turner Classic Movies (TCM), lets fans hear from those who worked closest with the king.
WHEN – Mother will be available to answer questions on +1 Elvis Presley from 11:00 to 11:30 a.m. CT on Wednesday, August 14, 2013. #ElvisWeek Hangout
WHERE – on Elvis’ Google + page: +1 Elvis Presley.
If you are new to Google+, here’s some helpful tips on how to tune in for the upcoming #ElvisWeekHangout:
- Follow Elvis on Google+, or The Ear of the Heart on Facebook to get access to the Hangout link
- Share with your friends on Facebook and Twitter by including #ElvisWeekHangout
- Ask questions on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ and “Elvis” will try to answer them live!
- +1 Elvis Presley to join the Google Hangout or subscribe to the Elvis YouTube Channel
- Fans can come directly to the official Elvis Presley Google+ page or subscribe to the Elvis YouTube Channel to watch the next Elvis Hangout LIVE
- Elvis’ Google+ hangout are open to the public for viewing and also featured on the Google+ On Air page
- Troubleshoot any problems with Google+ Hangouts by clicking here.
- Don’t have a Google+ account? Sign up today!
ABOUT MOTHER – She is the prioress of the Abbey of Regina Laudis in Bethlehem, Conn. Dolores Hart was a bright and beautiful college student when she made her film debut with Elvis Presley in Paramount’s 1957 Loving You and later co-starred with the King again in KingCreole. She acted in nine more movies with other big stars such as Montgomery Clift, Anthony Quinn, Warren Beatty and Myrna Loy. She also gave a Tony-nominated performance in the Broadway play The Pleasure of His Company and appeared in TV shows, including The Virginianand Playhouse 90. An important, life-altering chapter in her life occurred while playing Saint Clare in the movie Francis of Assisi, filmed on location in Italy. In 1963, while contracted for another film and engaged to be married, she abandoned everything to enter a contemplative monastery. Mother remains a voting member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences.