Today, after a brief hiatus, we conclude Denis Lamoureux’s series of brief slideshows on his popular book I Love Jesus & I Accept Evolution. The previous slidshow is here, and all slideshows previous to that can be found here. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this series, as I know many of you have too, and I’m sorry to see it end.
Today’s post covers chapter 7 of his book and is entitled “Putting Origins in Perspective.” That chapter comprises 7 wrap up points, and Lamoureux focuses here on 5 of them:
- How Can Evolution Reflect Intelligent Design? (answer: the God of ID is a terrible pool player);
- Why Did God Create through Evolution? (answer: Young Earth Creationists actually lack faith in God);
- Why Did God Use Ancient Science in the Bible? (answer: God likes being understood when he talks);
- What about Original Sin? (answer: O.K., what about Adam?);
- What Do We Teach in our Churches and Schools? (answer: evolutionary creation–duh).
I Love Jesus & I Accept Evolution is a great introduction to his view of origins called “evolutionary creation.” For those of you who are beyond the beginner’s stage, you can read his much thicker book Evolutionary Creation: A Christian Approach to Evolution.