If you are a Christian parent in Alabama looking for a place to send your children to Sunday school, VBS, Awana, youth group, Pioneer Girls, or Christian Service Brigade, do not send them to any of the following churches. All of these have been designated unsafe for minors.
NOTE: This is a voluntary designation from these churches themselves, not from any outside group or agency.
The pastors of these churches chose, on their own, to come forward and to announce publicly that their communities are unwilling and unable to protect children, and that their churches will, in fact, eagerly defend adults who prey on them.
Parents should be advised: If this is what these churches say is true about themselves, you should probably believe them.
- Adams Street Church of Christ, Enterprise, Alabama
- Christ Church, Odenville, Alabama
- Christian Renewal and Development Ministries, Eufaula, Alabama
- Church of the Living God, Moulton, Alabama
- Covenant Christian, Gadsden, Alabama
- Dominion Baptist Church, Birmingham, Alabama
- Edgewood Church, Anniston, Alabama
- Fairfax First Christian Church, Valley, Alabama
- Faith Worship Center, Gadsden, Alabama
- Fannin Road Baptist Church, Montgomery, Alabama
- First Assembly of God, Greenville Alabama
- Freedom Church, Gadsden, Alabama
Fresh Anointing House of Worship, Montgomery, Alabama
- Grace Baptist Church, Montgomery, Alabama
- Grace Way Fellowship, Evergreen Alabama
Heritage Baptist Church, Opelika, Alabama
- Kimberly Church of God, Kimberly, Alabama
- Lakeview Baptist Church, Montgomery, Alabama
- Marvyn Parkway Baptist Church, Opelika, Alabama
- Open Door Baptist Church, Enterprise, Alabama
Pine Air Baptist Church, Grand Bay Alabama
- Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church, Anniston, Alabama
- Summit Holiness Church, Alabama
- Trinity Free Presbyterian, Trinity, Alabama
- Victory Baptist Church, Millbrook, Alabama
- Victory Christian Fellowship Church, Florence, Alabama
- Webster’s Chapel, Gadsden, Alabama
- Young’s Chapel, Piedmont, Alabama
NOTE: This post has been updated to recognize that some of these churches did not consent to endorse Roy Moore after allegations he molested underage children. See here for details.