Yesterday I revealed true authorship for the Turing Test entries and congratulated the most convincing Christians in the Atheist round. Now it’s time to look at the results of the Christian round. Here’s what the Christian respondents (sample size = 93) made of the responses.
|Click image for larger view|
When participants were ranked according to their average score, only two fell into the ‘definitively Christian’ range (i.e. an average score between two and three, where a vote for Atheist was assigned zero points, a vote for ‘Lean Atheist was assigned one point, etc). And the winners were:
- Entry #3 (Kat – Christian) with 76% of respondents convinced she was Christian
- Entry #5 (Leah – Atheist) with 78% of respondents convinced I was Christian
The Christians managed to catch out two fakers (people with average scores between zero and one, placing them squarely in the Atheist to Lean Atheist category). The culprits were:
Unlike in the last round, where atheists and Christians mostly agreed in their assessments, the Christian responses provoked different responses. Here’s what the atheists (sample size: 85) concluded.
|Click image for larger version|
Not a single entry cleared the average > 2 cutoff I had set. So, that noted, here are the top four scorers among the atheists according to a different scoring scheme I came up with (about which, more later).
- Entry #5 (Leah – Atheist) with 74%
- Entry #2 (Alex – Atheist Christian) with 66%
- Entry #11 (Lorilyn – Christian) with 60%
- Entry #6 (Adam – Atheist) with 62%
Even using the weighted average score, not a single entry was identified by the atheists as definitively atheist. Also interesting, all the people the atheists chose as Christian were either atheists or somewhat liberal sounding Christians (cf. Lorilyn claiming that other denominations might offer the different paths to truth).
More charts/demographic breakdowns/etc to come. For now, the full rankings are under the jump.
Entries are listed from most christian average score to least christian, so the percentages may not be strictly decreasing. The entries are ranked according to the Christian answers, but the percent of atheists convinced is given in parenthesis and italics at the end of each row.
- Entry #3 (Kat – Christian) with 76% (47)
- Entry #5 (Leah – Atheist) with 78% (74)
- Entry #12 (Tristyn – Christian) with 71% (61)
- Entry #6 (Adam – Atheist) with 66% (62)
- Entry #8 (Nathan – Christian) with 60% (54)
- Entry #10 (Brian – Christian) with 62% (41)
- Entry #13 (Chris – Christian) with 61% (61)
- Entry #9 (Anonymous – Christian) with 56% (46)
- Entry #11 (Lorilyn – Christian) with 52% (60)
- Entry #14 (Charles- Atheist) with 53% (48)
- Entry #15 (Bo – Atheist) with 49% (59)
- Entry #2 (Alex – Atheist Christian) with 43% (66)
- Entry #7 (Jeannine – Christian) with 30% (53)
- Entry #1 (Peter – Atheist) with 23% (48)
- Entry #4 (Michael – Atheist) with 27% (40)