Tomorrow is the official opening day for Unequally Yoked at its new home here at Patheos. There will be a an intro to the blog post for new readers, some thoughts about the move for old readers, and probably an off-topic link to something science-y for me.
But before that still more glorious dawn, there’s going to be some troubleshooting. The Patheos people have done a great job migrating over the entire archives and comments, but I’m sure there will be a few rough spots for the next few weeks (especially as I’m acclimating myself to WordPress).
So if you run across any problems, post in the comment thread below, and I’ll add them to the list of known issues the Patheos team is working on.
Changing the ‘Recent Comments’ widget so it shows a snippet of your comment, as per the old siteSOLVED!
- All the blog posts came over, but the tags vanished. Working on restoring them (hopefully not by hand)
- Links that go back to the blogger site instead of the new archives at Patheos. This is getting fixed and any previously created hyperlink to the old Unequally Yoked will redirect to the corresponding post here.
The RSS feed has no title. I ditched a title at the top of the page, because I thought the banner made it superfluous. Turns out that’s where the feed title is sourced. This will be fixed soon. Semi-resolved. The title is back, but now it’s misspelled. Baby steps. OK, now the title is misspelled on individual posts, but correct on the main page. Closer and closer!Spelling problem is SOLVED! All the comments have vanished! They’re still saved (I can see them on the dashboard) but they’re not on the blog. I suspect this has to do with today’s switch to Disqus. I’ll update this post when they’ve finished the transfer.– SOLVED!
- A couple reports of the imported comments having mangled HTML or somehow being attributed to the wrong person. Please link to some examples in the thread below and I’ll have the team look at them on Monday. No complaints yet with new comments. We’re talking to someone at Disqus about this.
I’m hearing that new comments are still getting jumbled out of chronological order.SOLVED!
- I’d like to make the truncated RSS feeds longer and include an image. Since I’m new to WordPress, plugin suggestions greatly appreciated.
- Welp, it looks like all the post titles on individual posts have vanished. I’m sure they’ll be back soon.
Comments should be working as designed, now, so if you’re having problems, speak up!
Thanks for your patience and many thanks to the Patheos tech team. If I may paraphrase Peter Pan, To migrate a site will be a very great adventure.