Do you ever find yourself having the SAME conversations over and over with your spouse? Communication in marriage can quickly get into rut when we get on autopilot and all our conversations center around “shop talk” (schedules for the week, errands to run, kids’ activities, bills, etc.). Healthy communication is a lifeline for your marriage, so we need to make it a priority (beyond the shop talk). Below are ten questions which could lead to some of the most intimate and meaningful conversations you’ve ever had together.
1. When are we at our best?
2. When are we at our worst?
3. What’s missing? (Or “What’s one thing you’d like to add to our home, life, marriage, etc.)
4. What has been our greatest accomplishment as a couple?
5. What has been our greatest regret?
6. What’s one goal/dream we want to accomplish in the next year?
7. What’s one goal/dream we want to accomplish in the next decade?
8. What’s one experience (or new place to visit) do you want to share together?
9. What’s one thing we could do that might instantly improve our marriage and/or family?
10. Do you want to stop talking and make out for awhile??
For more tools to help you build a stronger marriage, you can download our “MarriageApp” from iTunes by clicking here (a Facebook login is required to access the app) and you can also check out my brand new book The Seven Laws of Love (by clicking here).
IF THIS POST HELPED YOU, PLEASE SHARE IT USING THE LINKS BELOW SO WE CAN HELP OTHERS TOO.