The Young Messiah officially comes to theatres tomorrow, though there are some venues showing it tonight. So here’s one last (?) sneak peek before showtime: a clip in which Joseph and Mary ponder why God chose them to raise his Son.
The clip below is called ‘Returning Home’, though it actually comes from a point in the film when Mary and Joseph have already returned home to Nazareth, and are now debating whether they should go to Jerusalem as Jesus asked:
The film’s YouTube channel has also posted a clip called ‘Child’s Questions’, which is basically a slightly shorter version of a clip that went public last month:
March 12 update: The ‘Returning Home’ video was yanked off YouTube pretty fast, but it is viewable at Fandango. It does not appear to be embeddable on other sites.
You can also watch some behind-the-scenes footage from the movie’s B-roll here:
March 18 update: Turns out the clip is on YouTube after all, on another channel — a Fandango-owned channel, as it happens. I have updated the embed code accordingly.
Check out earlier trailers and other videos here:
- The ‘Extended Look’ featurette (September 15, 2015)
- The first trailer (September 18, 2015)
- The Cyrus Nowrasteh interview with Raymond Arroyo (December 18, 2015)
The ‘Nativity’ clip and the ‘How to Make Your Own Christmas Ornament!’ and ‘Make a Birthday Cake for Jesus!’ videos (December 23, 2015)
- The ‘The Young Messiah Celebrates Ash Wednesday’ featurette (February 10, 2016)
- The ‘The Fight’, ‘Joining the Family’, ‘The Question of a Child’, ‘The Decision’ and ‘The Story’ clips (February 13, 2016)
- The John Debney soundtrack preview (February 22, 2016)
- The ‘Faith Leaders’ TV spot (February 27, 2016)
- The ‘Parenting’ featurette (February 29, 2016)
Nine TV spots (March 4, 2016)
- The Chris Columbus interviews (March 8, 2016)
- The ‘Kids and Parents React to The Young Messiah’ featurette and the ‘Kids Answer “What Miracle Would You Perform?”’, ‘Kids Answer “What Was Jesus Like as a Child?”’ and ‘Mary Did You Know?’ videos (March 9, 2016)