Nancy Campbell of Above Rubies has the strangest list of what being a wife is. A quiz you can take to make sure you are the right kind of submissive wife. The really weird thing about the list, well more than the whole direction of it, is the fact that the things you are supposed to be pondering all start with the letter ‘N’. No explanation, just a lot of capitalized ‘N’s every way willy nilly. I am starting to wonder about Nancy. Is it because her name starts with an ‘N’?
This is such a silly piece of throw away fluff that is purporting to be marriage advice anyone can do it, heck even me. But I’ll use the first letter of my own name. Make your own more realistic and important marriage rules starting with the first letter of your name.
- Am I Satisfied in my marriage with the way things are going? Do I need to do something? Do I need to communicate more with my husband over this? Do I need to communicate more with everyone over my needs?
- Am I Smiling when I want to smile and not just to manipulate my spouse and others?
- Am I free to be Silly, or Sanguine, or Sad when I need to be without repercussions and demands to be happy all the time?
- Am I Serene in my life, or does something need to change to give me more peace in my life?
- Am I Strong in knowing who I am and where I’m going in life?
- Am I Shady in my dealings with others and dealings with my husband or do I always walk with integrity?
- Am I Sarcastic too much of the time, resulting in coming across as negative with people?
These are just a few silly ones, but notice most of them are in general, not so much relating to marriage because if you are true to yourself and behave like a decent person it ripples outward, affecting more than your husband. It’s more am I a good person you should be asking.
Don’t built your entire life around your husband no matter what Nancy says. It’s frustrating and, another ‘N’ word, Nerve-wracking.
Stay in touch! Like No Longer Quivering on Facebook:
Copyright notice: If you use any content from NLQ, including any of our research or Quoting Quiverfull quotes, please give us credit and a link back to this site. All original content is owned by No Longer Quivering and Patheos.com
Read our hate mail at Jerks 4 Jesus
Check out today’s NLQ News at NLQ Newspaper
Contact NLQ at SuzanneNLQ@gmail.com