1. He doesn’t apologize for being a man. He’s proud to be a man. He accepts his masculinity and knows he’s designed to be different. He’s sensitive, but he’s not a sissy. He doesn’t want you to be like him. He appreciates your differences.
2. He listens to you. He wants to hear your opinions and encourages you to express them. He’s not intimidated by your knowledge and strength. He admires them. He wants to hear what you have to say even when you disagree with him. And he’s your go-to when you need to work something out.
3. His values align with yours. Issues that are important to you are important to him. He doesn’t shy away from what he believes even if it’s unpopular.
4. He makes you feel beautiful, no matter what your body looks like. Babies, age and gravity will take their toll on your body. He wants you to be healthy. He’s not obsessed with your weight. He appreciates the way you take care of yourself, and he’ll always rejoice in the wife of his youth.
5. His friends, co-workers and family respect him. Others say he’s a respectable guy. You’ll be his biggest cheerleader, and he is someone whose character is worth cheering. He won’t always make the right decisions, but he will always do what he thinks is right. He’ll apologize when he’s wrong.
6. He respects his mother.
7. He’s passionate about providing for you. Whether he’s a truck driver or a CEO, he works hard and wants to take care of you. He’s passionate about his work because he knows it is one of the ways he can provide for you. He takes pride in earning a living. If he stays home with the kids, he’s passionate about taking care of them. He wants to do the very best he can for your family.
8. He’s your biggest fan. He cheers you on. He supports you and encourages you to pursue your dreams. He reminds you of all the things he loves about you when you’re feeling down.
9. He wants to make your marriage the best it can be. He takes the vow “til death do us part” seriously and won’t settle for mediocrity. He doesn’t want to just exist in a relationship. He doesn’t want to “stay together for the kids.” He loves you and will do whatever it takes to keep your marriage healthy , a loving relationship that you both enjoy.
10. He’ll occasionally tell you dinner is great even when it isn’t. He’s not a liar but he considers your feelings, realize you work hard, and loves you so much he’ll overlook overdone meatloaf.
11. He loves God more than he loves you. His commitment to God will keep him committed to you.
Need skills to build intimacy?
- Get on the waitlist for my next group coaching session–Change Your Mind; Change Your Marriage.
- Visit my website, like my Facebook page and join my private Facebook group.
- Check out my FREE resources and download How to Be A Wife No Man Will Ever Want to Leave.
- Apply for private coaching with Sheila.
Also known as the Not So Excellent Wife, Sheila Qualls understands how tiring a tough marriage can be.
She went from the brink of divorce to having a thriving marriage by translating timeless truths into practical skills. She’s helped women just like you turn their men into the husbands they want.
She and her husband Kendall live in Minnesota with their five children and their Black Lab, Largo.
In addition to coaching, Sheila is a member of the MOPS Speaker Network. Her work has been featured on the MOPS Blog, The Upper Room, Grown and Flown, Scary Mommy, Beliefnet, Candidly Christian, Crosswalk.com, The Mighty and on various other sites on the Internet.