With most media and government spreading more panic about the coronavirus than actual facts and proper guidance, I figured it would be a good idea to craft a sigil that can help folks who especially need to boost their immunity – and for the rest to help cut down on transmission.
This sigil is especially made with those who have compromised immune systems* and other high-risk categories in mind, as well as those who interact with them on a daily basis. Being health-conscious helps everyone.
BIG IMPORTANT THING: I want to make it clear that the goal of this sigil is NOT to be a replacement for proper hygiene and medical treatment. Rather the Immunity Booster sigil is designed to help aid in the processes that contribute to sustainable good health. Remember, magic is not an “out there” force, but the power to change that originates from within ourselves. Individually we can make a difference if we seek to change the situation, especially collectively. So to repeat: keep washing your hands (and moisturize them), cover your cough properly, take sanitary precautions, seek medical treatment when needed, and generally be a smarter human being. (Also, don’t be a racist idiot.) If you need more hands-on guidance on how to prevent the flu, here’s a list from the CDC.
Built Into This Sigil:
– responsible mindfulness
– community conscious
– promote cleanliness and good hygeine
– minimize transmission
– sustained good health
– enough resources for all (prevention and treatment)
– affordable access to those resources for everyone
– focus on lungs
– calm, let wisdom and common sense guide
This is a shared magic sigil. You are welcome to use this sigil however you see fit that is in alignment with the intent of the sigil. Ideas for use:
– post in public places where transmission of contagious diseases can increase – meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchens – places where promoting excellent sanitary habits benefits everyone
– washing the body (carve on soap)
– anointing the body (perhaps in combination with oils that promote awareness and good health)
– applying to health-boosting tincture containers, water bottles, and other personal cups
– place on candles to help focus energy on those who especially need additional protection.
*It’s important to note that boosting the actual human immune system itself is not specifically built into this sigil. For some people, the root of the problem is that their immune systems are already working overtime. Instead, the focus is on promoting good health and appropriate protection – in whatever form helps – so those folks won’t be additionally compromised. The name pulls more on the idea of herd immunity: referring to the resistance to the spread of a contagious disease within a population that results if a sufficiently high proportion of individuals are immune to the disease.
The Immunity Booster Sigil is protected by the Creative Commons License, details below:
Immunity Booster Sigil by Laura Tempest Zakroff is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
To find out more about this method of crafting sigils, checking out Sigil Witchery.