Since March, I’ve been holding virtual Sigil Witchery workshops every month. In each class, we’ve collectively crafted a sigil, and nearly a dozen of those that have been sigils that have focused on getting us through the pandemic in one way or another. For the most recent one that took place on Thursday, October 22nd, it was clear what was on mostly everyone’s minds was the US election – even students attending from other countries. The whole world is watching.
So we chose to focus on creating the Protection Election Sigil – designed to help safeguard the election from external tampering and those seeking to interfere with the democratic process. Note: For 3 other sigils that focus specifically on protecting voting rights and getting folks out to vote, please check out this link.
Included in this sigil:
– focus on community mental health/sanity
– accessibility/end to voter repression/suppression
– peaceful transition of power at all levels
– fair & honest results quickly/truth empowered
– freedom for all, benefiting the greater good, positive outcome
– clarity and transparency
– protection from outside influences/tampering/obstruction
– laying the groundwork leading to future progress/reunification/healing
How to Use This Sigil:
You are welcome to use this sigil however you see fit that is in alignment with the intent of the sigil. If you’ve already voted (or are unable to vote in this election), you can use this sigil to continue to help guide and protect the election. If you haven’t voted yet and are registered, VOTE. Remember, you’re not only voting for a president, but also everyone from your local community representatives all the way to the top. It also helps direct local community change by approving or rejecting new laws. Your vote counts.
Ideas for application:
– draw or carve on a candle (white or blue are suggested) and burn from now until the election. You could also start just before the full moon.
– use as a meditation focus
– bless polling places and drop-off boxes (invisibly)
– adorn the body in subtle ways (if you’re still heading out to vote or working the polls).
Please note: When sharing this sigil (or any other sigil you find on this blog), please be sure to include the link to the blog post. The sigil works best if people understand precisely what went into it, versus just sharing the image and telling people to use it.
Election Protection Sigil by Laura Tempest Zakroff is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.