Preston continues his discussion of marriage and same-sex sexual relations. See the previous podcast for part 1. In this second part, Preston responds to several of the most popular affirming arguments (i.e. arguments in favor of same-sex marriage from a biblical and theological perspective).
These arguments are:
1) the prohibition passages only apply to nonconsensual sexual relations,
2) the traditional view of marriage is harmful toward LGBTQ people,
3) the argument from orientation,
4) the term “homosexual” isn’t in the orignal text,
5) God’s acceptance of Gentiles miorrors God’s acceptance of gay people,
6) Jesus’s treatment of the Sabbath command.
Theology in the Raw Conference - In Person or Online
At the Theology in the Raw conference, we will be challenged to think like exiles about race, sexuality, gender, critical race theory, hell, transgender identities, climate change, creation care, American politics, and what it means to love your democratic or republican neighbor as yourself. Different viewswill be presented. No question is off limits. No political party will be praised. Everyone will bechallenged to think. And Jesus will be upheld as supreme.
In the all-day conference, Dr. Preston Sprinkle dives deep into the theological, relational, and ministry-related questions that come up in the LGBTQ conversation.
Connect with Preston
Check out Dr. Sprinkle’s website prestonsprinkle.com
If you enjoy the podcast, be sure to leave a review.