…or something equally as fun. I’m playing hooky today. I’ll likely share a few details of my adventure with you tomorrow, but in the mean time I thought I’d share a few newsy takes for you to enjoy in my absence:
- #FundingFriday – If you caught me on today’s SonRise Morning Show you heard me mention this genius microfunding meme launched last week by Matt & Colleen Swaim. I’ll have the full scoop for you tomorrow, but check it out today here.
- What happened to Faith & Family Live – My fellow bloggers and I officially received notification that our wonderful site won’t be resuming function after an extended tech meltdown. You can find some of the most popular features at CatholicDigest.com. I will miss blogging with the team there, but am praying up a storm for my editor Danielle Bean as she continues to revamp Catholic Digest.
- NDSaints at Twitter – I need to do an entire post on the relaunch of the amazing FaithND site launched this week by my alma mater. But for today, celebrate the saints by following NDSaints at Twitter.
- How Do Teens Do Research in a Digital World – If you’re a parent or work with teens in any capacity, you’ll want to check out this latest report from Pew.
- Becoming a Priest at an Unpopular Time – Boston Magazine has an article that looks at why priests would consider the priesthood during such a difficult time.
- Sandy Help – For information on how to support Catholic Charities during the Sandy aftermath, follow Catholic Charities of New York at https://twitter.com/CathCharitiesNY - For help from Catholic Charities, call 888-744-7900. To find out how you can help check out http://www.catholiccharitiesny.org/donate .
- VCAT: Is the New Evangelization Just About New Media? Blogger Marc Cardaronella has a great take at his blog – read through to the end for a great point about the role of New Media in the New Evangelization.
OK time for me to hit the road. I hope you have a lovely day, that the celebration of the Eucharist on this special day is a blessing to you and your loved ones, and that your November is off to a terrific start.