Before the end of July, you the readers will start reading and evaluating the contestants in this year’s Ideological Turing Test: Sex and Death Edition. Last year, I added a few questions to the ballots, but I didn’t make much use of them, so I’m inclined to drop the extras and save you time (since you’ll be filling out the questionnaires once for each entry).
And here are the questions I plan to use this year:
- What is your best guess of which side this contestant is REALLY on?
- Very Likely Christian
- Likely Christian
- Likely Atheist
- Very Likely Atheist
- Which is the best description of your religious beliefs?
- Other: _____
- Have you ever changed religious beliefs?
- Yes, changed belief about God
- Yes, changed big umbrellas (e.g. Islam -> Judaism)
- Yes, changed sects within one tradition (e.g. Baptist -> Lutheran)
- Whether or not you agree with the entry, how intellectually respectable did you find it?
- Not at all, I may even suspect if of being a strawman
- It’s reasonably coherent, but I wouldn’t expect it to change minds
- Quite a lot, I’d like to have a coffee discussion/argument with this person
Edits? Potential ambiguities? Need for rewordings? Pleas to restore or strike questions?