The two biggest “Christian movies” at the box office last year were God’s Not Dead, which was named after a song by the Newsboys, and Son of God, which consisted almost entirely of footage from the History Channel miniseries The Bible.
So it makes sense that one of the ads for the follow-up to The Bible — an NBC series called A.D.: The Bible Continues — would mix footage from the new series with footage from a Newsboys music video. Check it out below the jump.
Here is the new ad for A.D.: The Bible Continues:
And here is the original music video for the Newsboys song ‘We Believe’:
Check out earlier trailers and other videos here:
- The first trailer (November 26, 2014)
- The ‘By Our Love’ music video (December 19, 2014)
- The ‘The Next Chapter of the Greatest Story Ever Told’ TV spot (January 12, 2015)
- The second trailer (January 17, 2015)
- The Super Bowl spot (February 1, 2015)